Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tales of my Random Day

So, I was pondering what to blog about for my first posting. I gave up on the profound and waiting for something tremendous and decided to just share the random things that were my day.

1) Brendan and I went swimming at his Great-Granddaddy Rouse's pool today. Swimming was great fun and Brendan loved it. Great-Granddaddy gave him is very own ice cream cone to enjoy in the pool. (Actually, this is somehow less messy so long as you don't mind a little ice cream in the water). While he ate with his Great-Granddaddy supervising I swam a few laps. When I paused, I discovered that both my towel and my cell-phone had blown into the pool. Have I mentioned to you non-Oklahomans that we have serious wind here? In any case, my cell phone is broken for now so until I get a new one the home phone is probably your best bet (or call Brent's phone if you can't find us here).

2) My brother is working security for the Democratic National Convention in Denver. For those of you tuning in to the speech this evening you might spot him as he is on the floor of the stadium near the front of the podium in a bright orange shirt. He has primarily worked in the CNN booth thus far, but, as usual, has managed to position himself in the area most likely to be on television for the big event. Let me know if you spot him!

3) My friends Brian and his wife Linh should be having a baby anytime now. We are all very excited!

4) Happy Birthday wishes to my friend Emily Simon! I miss you!

Brendan was a bit of a challenge today generally, but some days are like that. Overall, just a regular day, but somehow an appropriate first posting for all of you. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

The Ol' "the wind blew it into the pool"--hmm sure it did lol ;) I know OK is a bit breezy but really!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...