Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6: Trimming The Tree

4x5 on Left Page 
Here, the kids have started playing games in the tree box and taking pretend naps while Daddy works on the lights.
Left Page

  Behind the journaling cards, I will add the above photo.  The journaling goes in the pocket as do wallet size prints of the below photos.
Add to pocket on Right page (might use divided protector as alternate)
Journaling: I love setting up the Christmas tree.  The glitter, memories, and smiles.  Today, I needed a little of that magic.  It mostly worked.  There were the expected bumps in the lighting process and kids that were easily distracted by the awesome box the tree comes in.  We focused on the fun though.  We listened to the Pandora Christmas station, played A Charlie Brown Christmas in the background and made our house glitter.  Seeing the glitter in my husband's beard made my day.  He is an awesome Dad and we have a beautiful happy tree covered in glitter, bells, words, and memories-- just like I dreamed. 
5x7 on the Left page
I think this is a classic part of the Christmas process.  Here, Brent tries to figure out while just this one row will not light.  B watches from the side. It turned out just one bulb had fallen out and all was well.
Right page

This will be added to this canvas page on the right (pictured above).  The stamp is from Tim Holtz and the ink is actual the Studio Calico Estate Green Mister Huey.  As of tomorrow, I can probably make stamp pads for my mists, but for today, I had to spray the mist on this stamp and paint it onto the stars on the left page.  It works!  (The star pin is from Maya Road and I'm thinking I need more of their trinkets for my stash.)

Both pages + central overlay sheet by Hambly
Book Bonus - Today for the first time this season we read The Jolly Christmas Postman.  I love this book and all the Ahlberg books.  It tells the story of the Jolly Postman delivering the Christmas mail to various story book characters and includes the mail he is delivering!  SO much fun, but make sure you have 15 or more minutes to do it justice as you and the kids will want to explore each bit.  M seems to have figured out that it is written by the same person as her beloved Each Peach Pear Plum as she now requests one whenever we are reading the other.  Both are lovely and so rich in beautiful images.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...