Monday, January 23, 2012

It's an adorable little....

Baby Boy!



The ultrasound went well, despite a somewhat uncooperative little guy.  They say everything looks good and we'll do one more follow-up in a month to double check the heart measurements given our family history.

The baby is measuring a couple days small, which is a first for one of our babies, but we're fine with it.  Currently about 11 ounces of adorableness.  I have to say the the tiny feet and hand images are my favorite, perhaps because they are easy to decipher, but really just teeny and cute.

After coffee with my darling husband to ponder our newly expanding family (and my pounding head ache from this cold).  I headed to my favorite local baby store, Cinnamon Bears, and tried to switch my thinking to baby blue from three years of thinking pink.  It was a bit tricky, but after less than several trips around the store things began to shift and I found some treasures for our new little man.

First, a sweet, soft outfit from Kicky Pants --- a favorite I discovered with Maggie, so soft!  Then an incredibly soft, wildly unnecessary blue bear for him to snuggle with.  We have zillions of stuffed animals, but this bear seemed to be needed for the little guy.  I also bought a blue "boo bunny" for all the kids to share as kid ice packs are necessary and I've meant to get one for ages. (Or maybe after a weekend with Zane I'm remembering all the bumps to come with little ones?)  I bought B a tooth fairy pillow for his just about to fall out front tooth and a fuchsia flower hair bow for my little girl who is to spend her days surrounded by loving brothers.

Ps. No, we have no naming ideas yet.  You might recall it took us three hours AFTER Maggie was born to pick hers, but have started pondering.

3 comments:

geriayers said...

Congrats on your upcoming baby boy! I just bet it won't take you long to pick out a boy's name. (Daniel aka Danny, by the way, is such a great name)LOL

manda_hladik said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!

Mom101 said...

Congrats mama! All 11 ounces. Whee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...