Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pinksplosion?

Remember the "Degreenify You" situation? Today, we turned many things pink.


Time: 8:40 --- school starts in 50 minutes.
Supplies:  Wooden Letters,Claudine Hellmuth Paint- Painterly Pink , Glitter Glam (Note--- not kids washable paint....you can see where this is going), paint brushes, white paper.

It started as a quick, project to just paint a couple letters of Maggie's name for her space in their new shared bedroom. The idea was that they each paint a letter or two and we'd do some later.  Well, of course they wanted to do them all and in their "own way."  M got distracted with painting her hands and stamping them in the big pink blob you see there.  B was very generous with his paint. No one really wanted to paint the edges, save for me, and I really felt they NEEDED to be painted.  B wanted a little help, and M was still busily stamping her hand so I helped him for about 30 seconds and did some edges.  Then I looked, really looked at M and her "area."  Her hands and PJs were obviously pink.

  The more I looked I began to discover that parts of the front, back and seat of the chair were pink, as well as the top, side, and bottom of the table.  We went to wash off and dispatched B to clean the chair.  Once we scrubbed her hands and went to help B..... I noticed that her hair also had pink streaks, as did his shirt, and my pants.

  So, back to the bathroom to scrub strands of blond hair, sleeves of shirts, and then back to work on the furniture.  B got another shirt pink in the process and M was in her panties at about the time we leave for school.  I still had pink paint on me, but out we went with my wet-haired, but mostly pink-free kids.

I came back and cleaned my pants a bit more of the furniture, the paint brushes, etc... and put a skim of Glitter Glam over everything.  A very wild, very pink morning... perhaps a bit TOO much for right before school....

I needed a bit of pink though as I'm sad to watch my little girl move from her pink girly room into her brother's very blue, planetary room with so few traces of her pretty things yet.  The letters are the first part, with some art and some mural painting from Grandma to come.  B and I both have noted that it is important that she "have a little pink" and today she definitely does. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...