Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

This is week five in our Thankful Thursday installments:

I am thankful for: Veterans 

I think Veterans' Day has been particularly well-observed this year.  All day long I heard personal stories on the radio, read tributes online and thought about those in my own family that served.  I believe that serving one's country is an incredible gift to the entire nation.  I am so proud of those in my family that have served and that continue to serve.  My cousin Jason is a fighter pilot in the Air Force and a Veteran.  My Grandfather served as a Marine in WWII.  Despite the difference in age the imprint of their service marks each clearly and has helped shaped the men they have become. I love them both.  I send my great thanks out to our family veterans and to those many hundreds of thousands that I don't know.  Thank you for keeping us safe, protecting our country and fighting to preserve this incredible nation.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...