1. Welcome to Corwyn James and Congratulations to his fabulous parents Jennie and Gavin. Corwyn was born this morning and I absolutely cannot wait to see him, but am having to hold off until tomorrow. We promise to bring treats for the Palfrey-parents! (Thanks to Marilyn for watching our kids so we can go welcome the little guy!)
2. I took the day off work today to deal with my illness. Decided I was too doped up to work. My mom watched the kids all day long and I took two naps each of which lasted nearly two hours. My mom thinks this may be the most napping of any day in my life. I am, luckily, beginning to feel better.
3. I made it all day without picking up Maggie once. This was, per the above, largely made possible by having my mom here all day. Thank heavens and here's hoping it helps!
4. We made a new version of Chicken Curry this week from The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper. It was gentle and delicious, but the weird thing was that a lot of time is spent working on the sauce, but the chicken is only in the sauce briefly so the chicken itself did not pick up that much of the flavor. Odd, but still tasty. (The recipe is available here).
5. Really want to find some cute long sleeve dresses for M to wear with tights and maybe adorable baby boots. I'm not seeing that many that I like, but this one is quite tempting. (I am such a sucker for Baby Gap-- I blame Chrissie :))
6. I participated in Cocoa Daisy's Fall Online Crop this weekend. It was a lot of fun. I still have a couple Layouts I'd like to do based on the challenges. Overall, I thought it was one of the better online events I've attending. Here is one of my layouts from the "Front Porch" challenge and inspired by one I'd seen on Piradee's blog. I really like it.
7. Really like these dish towels with tape measure trim for some reason. My own dish towels are not remotely nice looking and pretty abused so maybe one of these days I'll get around to replacing them with something sweet and simple like this.
8. It is birthday week at Big Picture Classes so if you are looking to celebrate and maybe find some great discounts on their classes you should follow along on their blog. Today's deal is half off an accordion album class. This is, by far, my favorite place to take scrapbooking classes and a great community so happy birthday Big Picture!
9. Strangely looking forward going home for the Bison Thanksgiving Dinner this weekend. I love the food and serving there was such a yearly tradition growing up. I know it will be hard without my dad there assisting the ladies, but I hope to stop by and enjoy the food and fellowship, at least briefly.
10. Do you follow Craftily Ever After? I think I found them through Chrissie and am so enjoying it. They have some really cool free printables and ideas for easy home crafts. This one will hopefully be printed and framed to join my fall decorations soon. Enjoy!
Here's hoping that by next week's edition I'll be feeling much better and back to normal life!