Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ten on Tuesday


1. E @ 13 Weeks: Look who is turning 3 months old tomorrow!  Expect more detail then, but this week's breakthroughs have centered on switching to a new kind of formula which seems to have given me back my chill baby and resulted in much more sleep all around.  The self-soothing is improving too as in today's miracle I set him in his bed fully awake with a paci while I did something and came back a couple minutes later to a sleeping baby.  So exciting.  He has been my errand buddy again this week as we try to help out with the shop and wrap up things on the "to do" list here before I go back to work.  I am fine with the idea of going back to work when phrased that way as I really like my job, but really not excited about him being away from me even for five hours a day.  Sigh... anyway, more detail for him tomorrow.

2.  Monday was Grandparents' Day at MDO and look how luck our little lady was!  She, I hear, was a bit confused about the whole deal, but very excited to have them observe and to get as messy as possible with the doughnuts.  

3.  Here are E and Me ready for the "big game," which  of course we did not see.  I really like this photo and think I look pretty in it, which is refreshing as generally just now I am feeling terribly cognizant of how heavy I am and how little progress I am making on that front.  It makes me so sad and frustrated.  I had a bad run on Monday as well, and haven't been making the consistently good food choices that are requires neither of which helps my frustration as they are squarely my fault.  I know I just need to refocus and make the consistent changes in my behavior and the weight will come off, but man I am so tired of refocusing.  Meanwhile, isn't this a good picture?

4.  E is officially finished with newborn clothes and the 0-3 month ones too.  We sorted all of those out this week and moved the next size in. (All of his wardrobe is courtesy of his cousins via his Aunts Jamie and Audra - big thanks ladies!)  It was, yet another, moment where I wondered if we'd ever see such tiny clothes again.  I do doubt it, was accordingly strangely sad, and my husband was wisely quiet.  I only saved two pieces for memory purposes.  I think since there were so many and we did not buy any of them I actually did manage to be less attached, which is good.

5.  Last week, I took each of the kids on little mini-dates with me before I go back to work. B chose lunch at McDonalds where we happened on to some of our friends from the Dragonflies.  M chose morning time at Starbucks (that's my girl).  I like having the one on one time with them (ok, so E was there too).  We make a conscious effort to each have these focused times with each child and will continue to find ways to do it.  
No pictures from lunch, but here is my date exploring the spice shop.

6. In a similar vein, this week, I went and had lunch with B at his school.  It was pretty awesome, mostly because he was so excited to see me.  I cherished every moment, as teenage years are coming.... We both had hot lunch and got to sit together at a special table reserved for parents having lunch with their kids. He told me all about how everything worked and we shared our food while observing the scene.  It was very fast as they only get 20 minutes.  My heart melted as he waved time after time as I looked back walking out the door with E. He was, I should mention, oh so proud to show off his baby brother to his classmates and delighted when E just lit up at the sight of him too.  Brothers rock!  We're going to try a once a month lunch date and next time I'll be the "cool" parent that brings in food from "outside".  This time, I almost cried (again) walking back to my car without my big boy.

7.  I was looking for photos for this post and there are startlingly few from my "big" camera this month.  So far, practically everything is iPhone based.  I wonder why...hmmm... Probably just a phase, but also my iPhone is just always there and so delightfully small... something to think about, right?

8.  Today was "insurance" day on my list of stuff to "handle" this week.  Imagine how fun it is to call your home insurance company with your first claim, followed by trying to sort out five life insurance policies, auto policy, and two IRAs that have mysteriously been assigned to the wrong agent and thus can't be easily changed...until the agent is changed... and then why are there five even, keeping in mind E doesn't have his yet?  And why can't I do half of this stuff online? Everyone was very nice, but even after several calls I don't have a sense that I achieved much. (Yes, I sort of miss having my bro as my agent, but spices are more fun).  I did, however, find someone at St. John's who would like all this formula we have that E can't drink to give to some of the six babies they are currently helping through their outreach, so that's something positive, right?  Oh, and I did discover an amazing coffee place. How have I not tried Elemental Coffee before - phenomenal!

9.  One of my dearest friends who lives back in Virginia is going to be one of E's Godmother's and is flying in for the occasion and her very first visit to Oklahoma! (We love you Heather!)  I am in search of one or two things to share with her while she is here - Mostly we'll be working on the baptism and doing things related to our normal life, but I feel like I should take her to a site or two as well.  Any thoughts?

10.  Hmmm maybe I should, you know, work on some plans for the baptism and party thereafter.  Like, for example, figure out what E will wear or source some foodstuffs and decorations for the party at the park? Ah well, you know me, I'm last minute girl and what better time than my first week back at work and the first week the shop is open and with both my sister's family and lots of friends coming in from out of town?  Good thing that my super power is multi-tasking, right?  Even with all that, I am just so excited to have a celebration around our little dude and expanded family.  We didn't do baby showers for him so I think this baptism is sort of an overall welcome celebration too beyond its normal importance.  He and we are so lucky to be surrounded in such love.  Thank you all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...