Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Love Thursday" : Popcorn

Several blogs I follow celebrate "Love Thursday." As I'm a bit late to the party I'm not entirely clear how it started and the site referenced as the starting points seems to no longer exist. For some examples of those currently participating see Woulda Coulda Shoulda and Shutter Sisters. In any case, as far as I can tell it involves taking a moment each week to highlight Love in our lives, experiences, images, etc. I had been thinking of doing posts about things I love about B or our family or something like that and this seems a good tool to do it so each Thursday (give or take) there will be something here on the theme of Love.

This week, oddly enough, I'm starting with popcorn. Yes, that's right, popcorn. You may know that I love popcorn. Particularly, the kind popped in a pan with oil. I follow more or less this recipe by Alton Brown --- albeit scaled down to 1/3 this amount and with no butter (and sprinkle a little sugar on it at the end--ok so not quite the same). In any case, I have it at least once a week and it is often dinner on Sundays for some reason.

B, as you know, is quite Daddy's boy. Daddy has always been his number one playmate, comforter, and generaly happy spot. Not that I'm not special, but he just is undeniably Daddy's boy. However, when it comes to popcorn it is all B & me. B and I LOVE popcorn. He gets so excited at the very mention of it. He watches me make it and tries to get out the appropriate bowl. When it is ready he runs to the couch and waits expectantly. Then, he dives in and ends up covered with flakes of salt (kosher salt is messy this way). Popcorn is our special treat. Daddy doesn't even like popcorn this way (scandal!) This is a weekly special moment with B that I love and comes in handy when we need a to work out a truce, cuddle, or just watch some Elmo together on a tough day. Thank goodness for popcorn and all the special moments with my little guy. Happy Love Thursday!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Okay - so please do not think I am a copy cat - but your blog truly inspires me to better mine and I HAVE TO DO THIS IDEA! I love it. I am not all that creative, so I struggle to think of topics for the blog. This is perfect, it has such depth and range of topics that could be covered. And it will help keep my entries regular. Hope you do not mind. :)

Abbey said...

I think that is the very idea of Love Thursday to have many people doing it and focusing on the topic together. You're always welcome to anything I can think up, but in this case I'm borrowing the idea too!

Chrissie said...

I LOVE this!!! It's just what I needed today, I've already got a post up on mine! And I totally want to try your popcorn recipe, it's so much better popped fresh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...