Monday, July 20, 2009

Book Fun: Current Favorites at 2.5 years old

B is in a bit of a rut bookwise these days, but think it is worth noting for our future memories those books he obsessed about as he turned 2.5. A couple are gifts from my family that visited over the 4th and therefore new to our collection, but already well-loved.

Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? (Brown Bear and Friends) - I know I've mentioned this one before, but we're now reading it I'd say at least four times a day. He recognizes all the animals and can somewhat recite it back to us. It is his first choice of bed time books nearly every day.

Nancy Cassisdy's Kids Songs: A Box Set of 2 CD's - We got a similar book from my Aunt Laurie that I think is just an earlier version of this. We don't have the CD so for those songs I'm not too familiar with I'm having to sight-sing which is not a very pretty thing, but we're making it work. For most songs he wants to move to the next after the first few lines so it is OK. Is interested in Wabash Canonball as there is a train on that page, and I fear my rendition is rather off-base. We'll ask Grandma for some help with that one.

The Magic School Bus Lost In The Solar System - amazingly we got two copies of this as a gift. One from Aunt Laurie and the other from my cousin Erica. It is probably a good thing as he loves it. We don't always make it all the way through the solar system, but it usually is high on his request list and he asks a lot of questions. We don't read all the conversation bubbles yet, but it gives us some space to grow.

Best-Ever Big Brother - I found this at B&N this week and introduced it on Friday. He seemed to love it and we read it several times. I don't know if it will help or not, but so far is just good fun.

Dr. Seuss's ABC (I Can Read It All By Myself Beginner Books) - A few weeks ago this was the clear #1 favorite, but we're reading it less these days. Still highly recommended and a fun read.


- His very own special book about Grandpa's farm made just for him by Grandma and new to our rotation this week. I forsee this one shooting up the charts:)

Honorable mention goes to the following almost-favorites - The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites, Big Dog . . . Little Dog (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)), Hippos Go Berserk, Go, Dog. Go! (Beginner Books), Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z (A Chunky Book(R)), and Little Critter: Just a Dump Truck

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...