Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Isn't this an interesting necklace? I love the texture and idea behind it, but the wacky nerd in me wonders about identity theft issues ten years from now and of course the price tag.

2. Lady M went to the Doctor a gain today.  There is still fluid on her ears, but not really infected.  We're going to try nose spray next.  She also tipped the scale at 24lbs fully dressed.

3. We made a rather interesting Barley Risotto with Beans and Greens for dinner today.  I thought it was fine, but the guys were pretty ambivalent.  Lots of good stuff in there so should be healthy leftovers. (Note, we used spinach rather than escarole and red wine instead of white as that was what was on hand).

4. Tomorrow, we are trying our hand for the first time at homemade pizza dough.  I've read dozens of blogs raving about how tasty and simple it is and we shall see.  We followed the Pioneer Woman recipe today and it is rising for use tomorrow as she recommends waiting at least 24 hours after mixing.  I'll let you know how that project goes.

5. For those not following Oklahoma weather, it was 75 degrees on Friday, snowed several inches on Saturday and was back in the 60s by Monday.  So weird, but it appears that with some coverings in advance my garden came through well and I'll have more updates soon.

6. The Census - I'm obsessed at some level with civil society-- the ideal of a participatory democracy.  The very most basic, quick thing you can do is complete your census forms every 10 years. I think it too, me about 5 minutes and I even made a mistake and had to fix it.  It helps control among so many other things how many people represent your state in Congress as well as how much federal funding your area receives.  You should have a form by now so if you haven't filled it out yet, please do!

7. Somehow I forgot to post about our St. Patrick's Day doings. (St. Patrick's day is big with me and my siblings and our Irish ancestry.  The central celebration this year was green pancakes, including some shaped like four-leaf clovers enjoyed by some very cute kids!

8. Did you know there is a Blue Whale Attraction in Oklahoma? Yes, seriously.  I had forgotten about this, but it is pretty fun.

9. For those of you working on various kid party favors now and in the future, I thought this posting had some good ideas worth sharing with you.  You certainly may see some at future parties here.

10.  We're working on keeping M's hair contained with various clips these days as her bangs are really just too long.  We're having various degrees of success, but plenty of cute attempts to post about soon.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

The Barlow-Nguyen's said...

Oh yes. The blue whale. My cousins used to live in Catoosa so I drove by that whale at least once a month when I lived in Broken Arrow growing up. I was never allowed to swim there however. "Snakes"! are in ponds, of course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...