Friday, November 12, 2010

Zoo Class: Underwater Animals

Artist at Work
After many months away, B and I made our return to Zoo class on Thursday. The theme this month was Underwater Animals. The class consisted of six three-year old boys and their mothers (Where are all the three year old girls, by the way? They are never in classes we go to. It is weird).

Class followed the normal format of visual and tactile demonstratiosn about the animals in question, petting a live animal (turtle in this case), crafts, snacks, and visiting the animals out in the zoo. The craft this time was particularly fun as they made a scuba mask of sorts. Most of the work had already been done, but they each got to custom color their mask, attach the transparency and ear pieces and then "swim" around the room. I think the mask will be an excellent addition to our dress-up collection and was much fun to make.

The funniest part to me was that within five minutes of being given lemonade nearly all the boys were literally chasing each other in circles around the room. It was hysterical.

Once we rounded them up, we headed to the aquatic area to visit the seals and sea lines and play "finding Nemo" (literally looking for clown fish in the tanks). Overall, the class was fine and B seemed to enjoy it. For me, the best part though was the next hour while B and I slowly wandered the zoo together in the misty cool of late Autumn. We looked for animals, had some Cheez-Its, talked about his friends, missing Grandpa, and commenting things we saw all around.

Those two hours of time just the two of us were so priceless to me. They are part of why I work part-time when we could, as usual, use the income of me working more. I want to be able to know him and be as available to him as I can be at this age. He is an amazing little guy and more precious to me than I can say. Thanks for taking Mama to the Zoo lil'B it meant the world to me.


Small boys + Lemonade

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...