Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reverb10: Travel

December 22: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
In 2010, I traveled to Las Vegas, Washington DC (4 times), St. Louis (2 times) and randomly around Oklahoma.  Las Vegas was Brent and my getaway trip together.  It was a four day trip in March and just a bit chilly still.  We did fun things like dress up, sleep in, take naps, read books, lounge by the pool, eat decadent, wonderful food, go to big shows ("O" and Penn & Teller), take long walks, shop, do silly tourist things and generally just enjoy each other's company.  I particularly LOVED our hotel - Aria. (Thanks to Sam for the recommendation).  Having a wonderful, new, clean, technology enhanced home base was perfect for us.  I think, as usual, the food was one of the key attractions and we tried all sorts of things.  So fun!


  I think these annual little trips we take just the two of us are very important.  I know it is hard on the people that watch our kids while we're away (our parents --- Thank you!) but I think we are better parents and have a better marriage for it.  Las Vegas is not really our style, but it worked.  In 2011, we are planning a trip to San Francisco together.  It will coincide with the NACUA annual conference, which I am helping plan and am a presenter as well.  The trip also falls close to our 10th wedding anniversary!  There will be some free time before or after, a free afternoon and plenty of evening time to ourselves.  I am hoping the trip includes a little visit to Napa Valley as despite repeated trips to the area I have yet to go.  Beyond Cali, I have vague thoughts of an island, but suspect the other trips will be DC, Dallas and St. Louis, as usual.  We are lucky to have family and jobs in various areas of the country that we get to visit and enjoy.


I love travel and think I always will.  I so hope we are able to continue to make it part of our year and am thankful my particular job ensures a few trips each year.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...