Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trailing Valentines

Chrissie introduced me to this idea of trailing hearts last year. My take on the project was to cut out a multitude of hearts from a red, white, pink and polka dot paper, write names of people that love us on them and create this path towards some little Valentine's treats for the kids. Part of the concept, for me, was to reinforce the idea that they are loved by so many people and to emphasize other kinds of love than romantic love for them as kids. As a side benefit it was very cute and fun for photos.
The treats at the end of the road were small and simple: three peanut butter M&Ms on personalized doilies and their on marshmallow I {heart} you treat. As an aside, this turns out to be very messy for toddler hands, but also quite popular.
M woke up a bit later and was delighted to discover this unexpected trail.

She had to investigate it fully on her way to the treats, and was thrilled to discover sugar at the end of the magical road. One of my favorite moments as B examined the hearts was when he found his own name and proudly declared "I love myself!" I also liked that he was able to recognize Zane's name on one of the hearts. Very cute and definitely a tradition I plan to continue!
The first of many photo shoots along the trail.

4 comments:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I love the fun stuff you do with and for your kiddos. Having fun in AZ.

Summer said...

That is SO cute. And the pics, esp the first of M are ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

So cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I missed it for Valentine's Day, but I might just do it to make an ordinary day special. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...