Some tidbits to remember:
- We sometimes look like a walking Ergo add as both the Palfreymans and my crew used them as part of our baby wearing arsenal as we traipse around. Still a big fan of baby wearing and the Ergo even with a 30lb+ little one.
- S'mores are fabulous, but perhaps not the logical thing to feed wound up kids at bedtime -- it all worked out though.
- In our 30s we still stay up too late and still love playing and talking together -- which is awesome.
- This was a great group and great number of people. I love how well we fit together, which is part of the beauty of having known each other for more than a decade now.
- I also love the flow and shift of watching each others kids. There is this informal tag thing that happens as people move in and of a space. Very natural, but also a neat thing to me.
- Chrissie packs so much food! The food was delicious and I did not, at all, eat properly, but definitely enjoyed it. Steak off a grill and S'mores over a fire are perfect cabin food.
- I saw a snake -- I hate snakes. There are no pictures of said snake.
- We are all at different stages with our kids, but they still have a great time together. Even little Corwyn got in some playing with the bigger kids.
- I love the woods and the cool forest vibe. I am always surprised at the differences in eastern Oklahoma from the plains area where I grew up.
- Skipping rocks is entertaining to people of all ages, as is riding in golf carts--- or so I suspect.
- Canoe rides often end up with someone almost falling in and that is part of the charm as is watching Daddy's hold their babies and row.
- I loved the time outside and time together doing anything or nothing.
Update: There are a few more really cool pictures on Jennie's blog -- including one of B's great tree climbing adventure with Serenity.
(Ps - A big thanks to Chrissie's mom as well for letting us use her cabin- it was lovely!)