It has been awhile and I thought you might want one of our original and most popular recipes for your collection. It is very simple, designed by kids and very tasty.
- 6 oz ABC Pasta (we find ours at Crest)
- 2 cans of Tuna
- 3 T butter
- Herbs to taste (We tend towards 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp fresh-- but have mixed in many others as available)
- 1/2 cup vegetables -- we favor peas, but also have included broccoli, carrots, squash, spinach and others as available.
- 1/2 c. cheese -- generally reduced fat sharp cheddar and/or parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta -- cooking per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, Chop up vegetables (if necessary) to get to small bite sized pieces.
- Mince herbs finely
- Add butter, cheese, herbs, vegetables, and tuna to a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 c. of the cooking liquid from the pasta - stirring to combine.
- Add the pasta, salt and pepper - taste and adjust seasonings as necessary