Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Brent was home Monday and Tuesday on furlough to watch the kids on spring break.  It was awesome.  Monday began by getting to sleep in and listen to the storm raging outside. Just as when B used to be here sleeping while I worked, I feel more at ease with all of them out there playing together.

2.  Monday evening, my cousin Rachael and her husband Dan joined Able and our crew for dinner Oklahoma style - Chili, biscuits, brownies, etc... It was lovely to get to chat with them and have them in our home as a rare treat.  A short, but lovely visit.

3. Of course T-1 minute before their arrival, our little girl in her new independence of insisting on going potty without assistance peed all over the guest bathroom floor. When they rang the bell, I was dressing her in new clothes and Brent was mopping the bathroom floor for the second time that day. Luckily, Able let them in, but maybe not quite the welcome we'd have liked. (Sheesh).

4.  I don't know that this has been mentioned yet, but M, somewhat randomly, has double ear infections for the first time in more than a year.  She is fairly pathetic and requesting her tylenol every four hours like clockwork.  I so hope she feels better soon, but after four days on the meds still is sad so we may need a return trip to the Doctor.

5.  Today, was one of those days where things don't quite work. I usually keep at least 7 levels of childcare redundancy in place at any given time, just in case.  I haven't had to check on most past the first few in some time, but today discovered many of them no longer exist.  Four of them were suddenly not an option for Wednesday and most of those won't be options at all in the future (cue me panicking).   I "think"we've worked out an alternative for tomorrow, but clearly we're going to have to have a better plan for the gap between the end of school and the start of my maternity leave as nearly all my ideas for that period evaporated as well. It isn't much of an issue with B as he can stay home while I work without an issue, but M is a much different story.

6.  I was feeling frustrated over all of that and more so I headed out for a jog while Brent watched the kids.  I had lots of fun new gear and a lovely day.  About 10 minutes in, I had found my rhythm and my head was starting to clear. I started thinking about my stride and stepped off of a small decline in someone's driveway wrong. I crashed to the ground tearing my shin and knee up in the process.  Luckily, I caught myself so my tummy didn't hit the concrete, but was in tears limping back home.  Mostly, I think I'll have a tremendous bruise and some swelling and we're keeping ice on it.  It makes me really sad as I so wanted the break, the exercise, etc and managed, yet again, to get hurt. I'm sure the message is I should go back to sitting still or doing yoga, but it is just so frustrating to me.

7.  In happier news, the kids are taking a trip to the farm on Thursday and Friday for a mini-adventure camp with Grandma to wind up their spring break.  Able is going to try and get Brent and I to an actual car dealership during this interval to actually test drive something so maybe we'll have a car our family fits into before the baby comes....

8. I did finally settle, I think, on a theme for the new baby's nursery. I think that I even have accepted painting all of the walls.... yes, even over my much beloved tree.  Brent thinks maybe Grandma would help paint a new version in the shared room even? The new theme revolves around maps, discovery, exploration, globes, etc... I will show some of the inspiration pieces during this week's Five on Friday.

9.  On Saturday, we are all going as a family to the Big XII Women's Gymnastics Championships in Norman.  The kids keep wanting to go to the meets with me and this one is at 4pm so hopefully a better fit for them.  Several friends and maybe even their kids are coming too. I am hoping it is fun and not crazy. I have book club right afterwards in Norman so Brent will whisk the kids home for me.

10.  Congratulations to Mary and Andy on the arrival of their son Isaac Finely on Sunday (his due date!). We are so happy for you all and loving the adorable pictures. Hugs and love from your Oklahoma friends!



1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

I feel sure the child care thing will work itself out and you will find someone wonderful to watch Mags and the new little guy. You have some time to look and decide; same thing with the car. Getting ready to shop for cars take awhile but buying one usually doesn't, as it turns out.
Don't give up on the exercise if it helps your head. You'll just have to be careful; maybe brisk walking is the order of the day instead of running, for awhile. What you need is a walking buddy. Know of anyone who might be interested?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...