Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scrappy Sunday

February 8, 2012 was Ali Edwards' Day in the Life for 2012.  I joined in, but as you can see, it was kind of an odd day in my life.  This particular Wednesday I was in DC for the February Board meetings.  Therefore, all the pictures are of me at my actual work in DC--- no kids, no husband, no typical "home" things.  I think this is actually kind of a cool thing for me to have documented as this is certainly a part of my life that most people don't see.  That said, I also wasn't going to bring my DSLR to DC and taking pictures at my job is a bit tricky (confidentiality and weirdness, etc...) Therefore as with my 12 on the 12th, I only took pictures using Instagram.  I printed them out using Prinstagram.  



Inspired by Amy Tangerine and Jamaica I cropped all of them down to 2x2 and put them in the pockets of a slide protector.  There were enough pictures for half of the slots.  I filled the rest in with pattern paper from the Story Hour kit, journaling, and titles.  I really liked the end result.


The second page is just my written notes from the day added to Ali's daily life templates and slipped into an 8.5x11 page protector. As much as I'm not a fan of my handwriting this is a nice big sample for posterity.

I've been up to some other scrappy things in the last two weeks.  I love the above page made using a sketch from Sketch Support and the very last bits of my Story Hour kit.  (UPDATE:  Just noticed that this page was included in the Studio Calico Member picks slideshow this month.  So exciting!) 

This is one of the few I've done about M's birthday party.  It is based off of a Sketch by Elle's Studio and using mostly things from the County Fair kit

Next up, Anna's wedding featuring the Daydream Believer kit and some design inspiration from Shimelle's class. 

Finally, just in time for our family portraits this weekend, I used my County Fair kit to scrap some sweet pictures of M at two from our shoot last September.  Love those colors!

Happy Scrapping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...