Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week in the Life: Saturday


8:30 am- 10:20am Sweet Saturday - we got to sleep in!  A little... So, the excellent news is that B did not wake up in the night with any ailments or bad dreams! He did appear around 8:30 to ask to play Wii and proceeded to fetch is own cereal. (Winning his way back into our good graces).  M showed up not long after that.  She, unceremoniously, informed us we needed to "get out of our bed and get her cereal.  So, of course, we did.  Breakfast all around followed by daytime clothes and a bit more Wii for B as we prepared for the long day.  Eventually, everyone was dressed, soccer things were packed and we were off!  With a small stop for gas and cash...


10:20-12:15 - We made a quick stop at the farmer's market for supplies for the weekend parties before heading to soccer.  We got to soccer slightly early and B checked in on the snacks we brought for the team. He has been so excited all week that it was our turn to bring treats.  Sometimes, it is  the little things.  We had warm ups followed by a long game.  For most of the game, there was only one very reluctant substitute so they all had to play all the time and got very tired.  

Mom was coming to her first game of the season, but apparently I gave her horrible directions and she missed the first half (when they still had energy).  She did get to see some of the action and take B to the bouncy house though, which was good.  Granddaddy also joined in the fun.  B's toe got stepped on by someone else's cleats, which was traumatic, but Brent rallied his spirits and got him back in the game.  Happily we got to hand out our treats and make our tired way to lunch. 

12:15-1:15 - I had seen on Twitter that Big Truck Taco was at a nearby shopping center so we headed their for lunch with Grandma.  We arrived to discover a Kids Fest along with the food.  I loved the food and the kids enjoyed balloon animals, a ride on the Okie Dokie Express, and some bouncy fun.  My Mom and I relaxed and learned about some new childhood illness (from a kid's grandmother) while Brent was in charge of most of the fun.  The kids were very hot, tired and cranky by then (as, frankly was I).  So, we took Grandma back to her car and took the kids home.

1:15 - 3pm - the kids are supposed to be napping, but somehow it goes badly even though they are both clearly exhausted.  Brent and I are busily cleaning away, although it feels like we're making minimal progress. I feel insanely hot, even though our house is its normal temperature.  

3-6 - M appears from her non-nap and we put her to work cleaning.  Her first task is wiping all the door knobs with antibacterial wipes...sometime after this it occurs to me that our kids had a virus, not a bacterial infection, but oh well.  The kids then clean the porch while Brent and I work on the inside.  Eventually, I decide I have to start cooking for Book Club and M helps me for a bit.  Brent, B, and M spend a lot of time cleaning the kids' room while I do food prep.  My contributions to the evening meal were three different cute tea sandwiches, mint melon salad, and this interesting spring chopped salad with asparagus, sugar snap peas, scallions and carrots --- complete with homemade honey lemon dressing, because I'm nuts. 

6pm - 8pm - I finally stop prepping and get dressed in clean clothes.  We feed the kids dinner and our guests start to arrive.  While I'm eating and entertaining my friends Brent hangs with the kids.  The boys learn about money as B wants to buy something from the Wii store with his savings.  M hangs out with the ladies until bath time.  Brent handles the bath/bed ritual while I chat some more.  The kids come by for good night kisses and head off to sleep. 

 8-10:30pm Brent retires from the table full of laughing women to his games in the office.  We, as usual, don't talk much about the book, but have good conversations and good food.  Many of the crew will be back tomorrow to help with the nursery and some of will combine that with a day at the Memorial Marathon events downtown.   I clean up as the party disperses.  The guests leave with the first clap of Thunder around 10:15pm

10:30-11:30 - I come and blog Saturday and Friday's WITL posts lest I forget before the business of the last day tomorrow. The storm is raging outside. There is plenty of thunder and lightening with the risk of hail or something more.  I finish up as Brent heads to sleep, and now it is definitely time for me to rest as well as tomorrow we face the nursery re-do with a great team of friends to help us.  I definitely needs some rest before then!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...