Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

Wow, what a week, after all the carefully documented excitement last week the chaos has continued!


1.  Yesterday, we began the day with B vomitting, again.  This has been going on about every three days or so since April 14th.  The new plan is very small meals of only BRAT (bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast) for this week to let his stomach heal and having him take probiotics.  He is fairly hungry, which is sad, because as soon as he eats enough to be full he feels yucky again.  He and I have a pact to be careful and are trying to help each other stick to the plan.  Sigh.  He is such a cool guy. I hope he gets well soon for real.


2.  Next up, B's first orthodontist appointment.  She seemed surprised to see us at age 5.  We talked about some options and agreed to do nothing this year and talk again once a year and probably start treatment closer to 8.  We still plan to get some second opinions before we sign on to anything, but at least nothing is happening soon.


3.  We had a very fun play date with John and Matthew at Grammy and Granddaddy's house last night, complete with lots of bicycle fun outside. The kids had lots of screaming fun, running in circles, laughing, playing, and just being together.  It was a lovely evening and I hope we see them again soon.


4.  B was well enough to go back to school today so it seemed like it might be a normal day.  First stop, Home Depot to get touch up paint for the ceiling in the nursery.  Of course they couldn't find the color in their data base so we'd have to come back with some paint say off the wall itself or maybe make a swatch with the tiny bit we have remaining.  The kids were fairly confused about why we left without paint.


5.  So, with very little planning, I decided we should just "stop by" and pick up the tag for the minivan.  That, of course, took well over an hour in a poorly air conditioned tag agency and cost nearly $1200!!!  Yeah, I have never bought a car in OK so this was a bit more than I was anticipating and could barely handle writing that check after having struggled with my two smalls in this miserable situation for so long.  


6. After the normal dinner routine, I attempted to go back and get paint after painting a piece of paper and drying it with a blow dryer.  That, of course, took longer than anticipated as the paint guy seemed a bit confused.  Once we tried to use it, it looks like it might not, in fact, match.... we're letting it dry to be sure before going back to Home Depot for the fifth time at least on this project.


7.  I, as you may know, am fascinated by names, but have a horrible inability to actually pick them out in a timely manner for my kids.  The fascination though definitely remains.  One name we've been considering is Emmett.  I like the sound of it, but was hesitant due to a connection to a character in the Twilight books. (I have not read the books, but they are insanely popular).  Yesterday, we discovered the name actually is more closely tied to a clown's name to our parents generation and to a football player's name to others in my generation.  Fascinating, right?


8.  My sister and her family are coming to OK for a long weekend. I am so excited to see her.  I know it takes a huge effort to get them all here and so appreciate all the visits they make!


9.  I am taking a very mini-trip to Tulsa this Saturday after revising original plans.  ( I know this conflicts with 8, we've worked on it).  Anyway, excited for some crafty girl time before the baby comes as Saturday is also National Scrapbooking Day!  (Not that I've scrapbooked at all in almost two weeks....)


10.  My new printer arrived today!  It looks enormous... a little worried about how big it actually is inside that box, but absolutely no energy for dealing with that problem today.  


I'm so tired of late and have ended up in tears every evening the last four nights. (So far tonight I'm good).  I was talking to Chrissie about this sense of being on the edge of tipping over into random emotions all the time and she had an awesome comment that so sums up this time in pregnancy: "Once you can't see your feet the edge is always right there"  


I'll leave you with that fun picture and wish you a lovely week!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...