Thursday, August 16, 2012

M's 3rd Birthday Interview

Over the years, I've seen a few different birthday interview project where people ask their kids the same questions each year and then have a collection of responses that change over time.  I keep thinking my kids are too young, but read several places that many people start at age three so we're starting now.  Here is the link to the original questions and I've transcribed (more or less) M's answers below.  My mom video taped this discussion too, which I'm sure will be hilarious later on.  In a few cases, I asked questions again later that she didn't answer the first time or filled in my own notes on the response.

How old are you? Three

Who is best friend? Serenity

What is your favorite thing to do? Dance

What is your favorite color? Red  (I would guess pink or purple, actually).

What do you like to do with your family? Play on several bars that are all mixed up - jump on bars and jump on the railing at little Y-- (Not sure what she is talking about save for the last bit where we stretch on the bike rack outside the Trails Y after we exercise).

What is your favorite toy: (No comment)

What do you want to be when you grow up? A ladybug

What makes you happy ? A difficult (first response)  My parents (later when asked again)

What makes you sad? When it is dark.

What is your favorite show to watch? Little Einsteins

What is your favorite book? - train book - go thomas go (We read this just before the interview and otherwise haven't in months so I'm dubious).

What do you love to learn about? (No comment)

What is the best part of your birthday? Playing and singing  happy birthday

Where do like to go? I don't like to go places a birthday.  (Right around here she began to tire of the process).

Who was your teacher? Ms. Jenny

What is your favorite treat? Lollipops

What do you think about before you go to sleep?  Just close your eyes (We tell her this a lot).

If you could meet someone famous who would it be?  Mama (Flattered, I"m sure, but I think she was a little young for this question).

What was your favorite birthday present? My cherry backpack.

So there you have it, M @ 3 -- It was a little rough and 20 questions all at once was probably too much at this age.  We'll try it with B in the winter and see how it goes from there.





3 comments:

bvo said...

Fantastic. We have a birthday coming soon too.

Chrissie said...

Awww so sweet! I just tried something like this with Serenity and she kept wanting me to give her clues as to the right answer... She'd basically say whatever we suggested on a lot of the questions. I really liked the question of what you wanted to be when you grow up. I also liked the one on what she would like to do this year, although I think we'll get better answers when she's a little older. =)

vtpuggirl said...

So sweet, such a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...