Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ten on Tuesday



1.  I, perhaps irrationally, love this.  What is this, you ask? These are the two oldest males in our household with their LEGO brick storage system, doing what I'm not sure, but love that they are so in it together.

2.  Yes, occasionally, B is taking breaks from his Christmas video game binge.  This was mid-sneak attach on Sunday.  He and his friend P were having a play date and snuck in to the "girls - only" dance recital taking place in our bedroom as ninjas?  Not sure, but great fun. 

3.  Yes, seriously there was a dance performance taking place.  What? You don't have mid-afternoon recitals, mid-morning recitals, late afternoon impromptu performances, and basically some sort of dance show six times a day at your house?  You are definitely missing out and cordially invited to attend one of ours.  They rock. 

4.  Ninjago in action - I am not really the right one to explain ninjago, but I have been listening to Brent read all the books and have observed a few games.  It turns out it is complicated.  In fun news, one of the four ninjas is named Zane!

5.  The Christmas Tea was on Saturday.  There will be more about that elsewhere, but this picture needed a moment.  In a bold and possibly crazy move after our first craft project fail,  I introduced about 10 children (girls + my sons) aged 7 and under to glitter embossing.  This project included embossing glitter powder, clear embossing ink, glass ornaments, and something most like a blow dryer.  Good news!  No one was injured and most of the projects turned out rather well, to my great surprise and a whole new generation can say they've embossed something  It remains to be seen if I will ever get the glitter off those black pants though :)

6.  Have I mentioned that I like LEGOs? It is so cool that the cousins are old enough to do them together now. 

7.  This is fun too - Have you seen the Raggedy Ann dolls that you can slip over your feet and dance together? I had not, but it is great fun. 

8.  Doesn't he look sad (for E)?  He was well and truly sick, sad, and quiet for almost two entire weeks.  Happily he and we are on the mend.  Gone is this dour fellow and back is my cheerful snuggle bug.  His appetite is finally returning and I'm hoping a bit better sleep patterns will too.  He continues to chew on absolutely anything nearby and has been know to double fist his new Sophies.  He also is fond of Captain Calamari (a toy Octopi) and his new piano. 

9.  This was about a week ago when he began doing push-ups/downward dog.  This led to moving backwards.  Then, baby I visited on Sunday.  This little friend is about three months older and quite a speedy crawler.  E was, apparently, taking notes and is now making small amounts of forward progress, and lots more progress in all directions.  ( I hesitate to call this progress, sigh). 

10.  So, on the last day of our vacation we finally painted the kids' bathroom.  We bought the supplies in November, but managed to wait until the holidays were nearly over and yet before B's impending birthday.  I "think" it went well, but we'll be better able to tell in the light of day.  The color is very pale blue and in the end oddly reminiscent of the bathroom in my parents' old house (for those of you that might recall that).  

I hope all of you are feeling well and that you have a wonderful 2013. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...