Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday

1.  Easy Lo Mein - Good news, this really did only take about 15 minutes and is loaded with vegetables.  We used whole wheat Thai Kitchen noodles of some kind.  Very tasty!

2. Beef and Barley Soup - I made this earlier in the week and it was delicious and made a huge pot.  I've eaten it probably 6 times so far and still love it. I fiddled with the recipe slightly by browning the meat separately with 1 1/2 tsp. Great Plains Beef & Bison  Rub seasoning, then adding another 1 1/2 tsp. of the Great Plains Beef & Bison seasoning to the stew along with 2 small zucchinis cut in to bite sized pieces.  I also added some tomato powder.  (Yes, I like to tinker with recipes.  I'm sorry).

3. Salar Leggings - I know the trend in running pants is to have lots of colors and designs. I "think" they might get warped if I tried it given my, ummm, body type.  That said, I've ventured cautiously out of my completely black/dark grey running pants into these cool blue ombre ones.  It was a little weird at first, but I like them.  Very comfy and run well. 

4.  L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold (Travel Size), 2.2 Ounce - This seems to be the mysterious secret to finally getting curls to stay in M's hair for a whole day.  It is currently on day two and there are still curls.  This has never happened before.  We are quite happy.

5. My Little Pony Shoes - My Little Pony is still very popular here, although Care Bears may be gaining on them.  I think these shoes are totally awesome.  M is slightly less sure :(  How could she not love rain bow striped shoes?   Apparently the issue is that they don't light up and she wants (and has not had in a long time) some shoes that light up....Regardless, I think these and the other MLP styles at Stride Rite are awesome. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...