Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

1.  As alluded to previously, we are attempting to get our house ready to sell.  It is all consuming, stressful, and moving in fits and starts.  On the one hand, we (with help from my siblings and their spouses) are almost entirely packed up of the things inside our house that we can live without for a couple months.  We still have to work on the garage, backyard toys, and attic.  So that's good right?

2.  The carpet people are driving me insane.  They set a date, twice, and changed it. This causes a cascade of rescheduling every appointment after theirs that requires that the carpet be finished first.  This made me exceptionally angry and was the straw that broke the "holding myself together." There were tears and curse words.

3.  The Wainrights spent an amazing 24 hours helping us.  During the course of which, we painted two rooms, touched up the woodwork, emptied more rooms of stuff, sorted, trashed, laughed, hauled stuff out to the POD, ate, and generally had an awesome time together (yes, we managed to get a ton done with SIX kids around -- totally awesome).

4.  We've thus far looked at four possible houses to buy.  House 1 - we loved, but it sold before we could make an offer.  House 2 - I like a lot, particularly the neighborhood, but there are a few issues.  House 3 - no one liked, not even the kids for a variety of specific reasons.  House 4 - Brent liked, I did not.  Part of the problem may have been that the people had way, way too much furniture in it to the point it felt claustorphobic and small even though it is more than 1000 sq feet bigger than our current house.  The search continues.  I've now decided to add stressing out about not finding a house to by to my other list of stresses, which prominently features the fear that no one will buy our house.... which technically would alleviate the need to have somewhere to move.... It is a circle of crazy.

5.  Our house needs a few touch ups to fetch the price we want.  By touch ups, I mean replacing the carpet, painting those rooms, touching up the wood work, replacing the stove knobs, fixing the exterior faucet, a good deep clean, and some styling.  All of those things are scheduled.  So long as the carpet people or some other vendor doesn't jack it up again....sigh.

6.  As you might surmise, this decision to list our house came pretty much out of the blue.  It was a "someday" thing right up until it was a - we must do this ASAP thing.  As a consequence, the timing isn't great.  It is Brent's busy season at work, which is busier still as he is launching two new camps this summer.  It also coincides with my long-planned girls weekend in Fort Worth this weekend and will probably still be happening when I fly off to DC in less than a month.... Not to mention the end of school, little league, archery, language lessons, and, you know, our normal jobs and life.

7.  I am forgetful as I try to juggle all the things - One thing I forgot to mention was B's incredibly cute Pirate square dance program last week.  I loved it.  Each class did something they work on in PE, but his class' square dancing section was obviously the best :)

8.  Yes, I am still training for the race which is ummmmm 10 days a way or so.  My last two runs have been less than amazing.  I entered Sunday's run completely exhausted from a late night and insanely busy weekend so I knew it would be hard, but am glad I did it anyway.  Last Thursday, I think was my best 4 mi run so far and was so encouraging that I was on the right path.  I'm trying to cling to that.  I still have, roughly 4 more runs before race day.  I used to worry about my relay teammates in this race, but as the stress, allergies, exhausting, etc of my current life have increased I'm just more worried about my own ability to do this.  Here's hoping!

9.  My sisters are amazing.  My actual sister has been the absolute rock of this whole operation.  She has packed, trashed, brought caffeine fed us, watched kids, counseled, and helped in every way possible, including taking kids off our hands and doing kid pick-up on Friday so I can go to my Grils' Weekend and Brent can attend his big meeting.  My SIL Kari has been awesome too in that she sorted every bit of our kids' insane crafting collection while Able and I were at Lowes and packed several other boxes on multiple days at my house as well as counseling me out of keeping random things.  My chosen sister Chrissie to some degree got us into this mess as she is a great house - buying enabler, but has just been so incredibly emotionally supportive every single day as well as donating her entire weekend to the cause last week. Just amazing.

10. Today at Target, I felt a twinge in my sternum.  This is a very bad thing.  Long time readers know of my history with chronic costocondritis.  It is debilitating and horrible.  I haven't had a flare up in nearly 2 years, which is awesome.  There has been a running theory that my flareups increase when I am stressed, which I very clearly am.  It was a huge reality check that I just need to chill and go with the flow even when things spiral out of my control.  So, I'm going to try to do that.  For now, I'm off to pack something and maybe go to bed early.  Thanks to everyone for their help.  We love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...