2. I haven't done much crafting at all since the end of December Daily. I had no plan or goals for my crafting, problems with storage/location of my supplies, and was just tired. This week, my new Story Kit (by Ali Edwards) arrived and I decided I really needed to start using some of these fabulous products. I decided to plan for one page per month per child and, randomly, began with November 2015. I happily finished three pages for November and two for October and feel back on the crafting "horse." Hooray!
5. On Friday, M and I went to Norman for the second straight week to enjoy the "Beauty and the Beast" gymnastics and wrestling meet. The drive is long, but we had a great time. M is now sleeping in all the huge free tshirts we've been gathering. Emily and her daughters joined us for a portion of the event to double the fun!
6. I've been going to SO many doctor appointments of late for both myself and the kids. I think we're all mostly doing well and my stitches should come out any day now. Some of my new meds seem to be causing headaches, but hopefully short term. Yesterday, while I snuggled in to deal with my headache, I got to read and watch M & E play imaginary adventures outside. So glad our set up allows for times like these and that our kids are old enough to entertain themselves.
7. B's little league team has fallen apart. Instead of joining a new team, B has decided to try out tennis. Happily, we've found a place near us that has group lessons that fit in to our schedule. I've never really learned how to play tennis and think it will be a good thing for him. Spanish is still on the schedule as well and we're trying to be much better about daily Spanish practice. Not having baseball 3x a week will be different, and I think we'll miss some nights at the ball field, but maybe we'll go watch Zane sometimes just for fun.
8. E is alternately awesome and frustrating. He has been so sweet about my stitches and done so well at the Dr. Appointments he has attended. We have great times together. And then there are mornings like this morning where he falls completely apart over getting dressed and going to school. Just sobbing and refusing to do the things we do every day. So irrational.
9. For several years, we've had a family book in addition to the smaller books we read to our kids or they read to us. Currently, we are reading the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter book 4). The kids are all obsessed with Harry Potter and totally loving it. To my surprise M is the most in to the HP books and remembers an insane amount of detail from each book. I wish I could find a way to translate that to other things we are trying to help her learn, but for now am glad she is loving this reading experience and the wonderful world of Harry Potter.
10. Brent's birthday is on Monday (aka the day before I leave for DC). It is tricky with his Birthday so close to B's as B's party with his friends is on Saturday. We're still talking about fun things to celebrate with Brent, but leaning towards family dinner or maybe a date night in here somewhere. Next week also marks 1/2 a lifetime since I met him. I am still so amazed and grateful to have found this love of my life so early on. Hooray for happy endings and more birthdays all around!