Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Greek Festival/Affair of the Heart

We had a very busy weekend and have a busy week ahead. I, however, also am drowning in papers to grade so it will likely appear in bits and pieces.

On Sunday, we decided to try the Greek Festival at a local church near our house. Jessie, Scott, Nate, Allie, Sarah and Tracie joined us. The Festival was largely focused on food, but there were also crafts, music and dancing. The food was tasty, but the most fun part was watching B and Nate dance around and walk around with various combinations of their parents holding hands.

After lunch, I headed off to "An Affair of the Heart" at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds. I've never been before, but had heard it was an annual tradition for many of my crafty friends. The show was enormous! We were there about four hours and saw maybe half of it. It was a mishmash of all kinds of crafts including clothes, jewelery, artwork, food, decorations, quilts, and more. The vendors sold many types of food mostly in mix form for later use. There were also things like soap vendors and any number of other creative ideas. Some appealed more than others I admit. There were even cloth Teepees that looked awfully fun.

There was an astonishing amount of people as well. I can't imagine bringing the guys with me as I think we all would go nuts. That said I had an amazing time wandering through and browsing with Tracie & Sarah. We each found some neat things and managed not to spend too much although it was very tempting. I got mostly decorative things including two Halloween pieces for the house as well as one for Thanksgiving and a serving piece for the winter. I did buy one mix and those attending Gavin & Jennie's pumpkin carving party can let me know what they think of it. Overall, I had a fabulous time and hope to go again next year!

Tomorrow, we'll talk pumpkins as we went pumpkin shopping this weekend and are pumpkin carving tonight! We LOVE pumpkins:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at your pumpkin patch pictures on picasa and I cannot believe how big Brendan is, he is such a little boy. Also we loved the CAT Machine T-shirt!

Michelle B said...

so glad you had fun at the Greek Festival! I married a Greek boy...and I know all about all those Festivals and all things Greek it seems :)

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Regarding the Abbey/Audra look alike issue...it is time to stop pretending that you are older. Just fess up to the twins that you are. There is no shame in that.
It was a great game though, wasn't it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...