Thursday, October 30, 2008

PUMPKINS!


I Love pumpkins! I think that pumpkin fun and pictures are a key part of my experiencing fall. So, in preparation for Halloween, we found a pumpkin place near us on Saturday and let B climb around while we looked for some pumpkins to bring home. Overall, we settled on five! One large, one KaKai which is sort of orange and green, and three "pie" pumpkins which are smallish, but not the tiny ones. All of them now live in front of our house and B likes playing with them and reorganizing whenever we go outside.

Yesterday, we bought one more to take to pumpkin carving at Jennie & Gavin's (Yeah, I could have used one of our existing stash, but could not resist one more when we were out buying Halloween candy). All three of us made the pilgrimage to Norman yesterday. I came to the realization that perhaps there is rush hour in Oklahoma and that sitting in traffic is just as unpleasant as I remember. We were delighted to arrive and be greeted by Nate dressed as a Viking! The Hoppers, Lams, Palfreymans, Phil Bowman, and Steve & Riley were all ready to join in the fun. We had delicious roast and all sorts of goodies before setting to work. Brent had to leave to go to Dorm duties, but B and I stuck around.

Tom ran home and got the "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." I love getting to see it and the little boys watched a bit too, but it is always shorter than I remember. Still awesome though. I should note that this pumpkin carving party is quite the tradition as I managed to locate a picture of a some members of this same group doing this 10 years ago at the house where I used to live in Norman.

Three toddlers running around definitely complicates pumpkin carving, but everyone worked around it. (In fairness, Riley was much less rambunctious than B & Nate). After all the excitement and a busy day, my little guy started to fade a bit by 8:45 so I didn't see many of the finished products. However, you can see mine here that I donated to party. I did take home some pumpkin seeds that B and I toasted and enjoyed with lunch. I think maybe I'll make pumpkin bread tomorrow to continue our pumpkin wonderful week. Hope yours was wonderful too!

(You can see all pumpkin and other October pictures here).

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Yay Pumpkin fun!!! I love the OU pumpkin! You guys look like you're having so much fun =) We got a tiny pumpkin for Serenity, but I will definitely want to take her to the pumpkin farm next year!!! I'm jealous of the pumpkin bread =) Maybe when I go to Oklahoma I'll make some. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...