Sunday, November 30, 2008

We Love Crafts!

(I promise we'll get to Thanksgiving Part II, but I'm at the farm today and away from my pictures).

Saturday after I had a lovely leisurely breakfast with Mary and Andy my crew and the Korenaks all headed back to the farm for our first annual crafts day. Audra had been put in charge and came up with a couple projects each for the various age groups. The primary activity was making Christmas wreaths. We had braved the Black Friday sales at Hobby Lobby with Kristen the day before to get our supplies and some extras for Allison and Anna. We had a great time and each of us had our own unique wreath.

As our secondary project, Audra and I also made the ribbon Christmas card holders for our houses. Grandpa supervised and we all pondered what the exact shades of ribbon we were using (discovered randomly that puce is "dark red" according to the dictionary). Mom made a family art project with handprints and helped B decorate an apron for himself with his handprints on it.

There was also much cooking, eating and laughing -- and of course Bedlam football watching. It seems the crafting has carried over to Sunday as today Audra and Mom made butterfly hangings like the one at my house. We tried to introduce B Play Do, but his texture issues sort of intervened. We did have another fun visit with Great-Grandma this morning. She even had baked us cookies! We're also doing some Christmas decorating here with mom today before heading back to the working world tomorrow. We're having a blast and I'll have more pictures and tales to tell tomorrow.

Finally, this marks my successful completion of 30 days straight of blogging for NaBloPoMo. I was not at all sure I could do it and after completing this challenge I find myself mulling a bit more my blogging path. I may have some ideas and changes to come, so stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...