Thursday, December 18, 2008

Love Thursday: Patience


Just a quick note as time is very short today. Today's love Thursday theme for me is patience. Case in point - the tree pictured here. Brent does not particularly want a real tree, but I do so he has gone through tremendous effort to make it work. First, we had to borrow Erik's truck to haul it, which required several trips back and forth across Edmond and basically all his free time last Wednesday. On Monday he began doing the lights. It took days. I'm not totally clear on why, but know that he wanted to do a really good job and was extraordinarily careful and patient throughout. As probably everyone knows, patience is not high on my list of strongsuits. Brent, however, is one of the most patient people I've ever met. The amazing thing is he went through probably 15 strands of lights and probably as many hours putting them on all because he thought I would like it (ok and maybe B too). It is so sweet and I am so lucky to be married to somehow who completments my personality--- we have strengths in many places where the other is weak. For now, I'm awestruck by the patience involved and pledge again to try harder to be more patient myself. We shall see about next year's tree, it might just be pre-lit:) I appreciate all the time, effort and frustration of this and love the final result. However, I'm not sure it is worth putting him through it again. He, oddly, is less sure and confident it would be faster next year. In any case, his amazing patience is my love this Thursday.

Ps. Yes, still no ornaments on the tree, but our friends are going to help us decorate it tonight at our sweets swap. More pictures and stories to come!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

The tree looks beautiful! And I think Brent might get that light thing from my Mom - as it would take her DAYS to put lights on the tree. I on the other hand gladly gave that task up to Carl.

I missed "love thursday" this week, things have been so busy (sounds the same at your house) - but I am going to take pictures tonight of our Christmas decorations and put them on the blog.

Chrissie said...

You found such a beautiful tree!! And I'm with you on the lights =) I put about five hundred on my little four foot skinny tree =) Tell Brent good job!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...