I have been waiting to do this post until we had our Doctor's visit so we can have the full picture. The verdict is she is a big, if not quite well baby, but more on that shortly.
First, the stats!
17lbs 14oz - 99%
26.25 in - 98%
17.25 cm head - 97%
So yeah, crazy big in all dimensions, but we love our snuggly lady.
Meanwhile, she has her first cold including fluid on both ears. We're hoping it won't turn into an ear infection and kept her home on Wednesday just to be safe. In other health news this month brought her first prescription and first baby tylenol, but she remains relatively chipper throughout.
- Rolled over the first time on Dec. 4th and again on Dec. 9th so probably will be doing this more often soon.
- She has excellent head control and will sit up on your arm and support herself a fair bit. She enjoys her bumbo seat.
- She slept through the night for the first time on the 27th of November. All night means to us from about 9:30pm to 6:30am. She was relatively consistently in continuing to do so until this cold issue errupted.
- Talks and giggles alot. I love all the chattiness and has the most adorable dimples.
- She remains delightfully snuggly. I love it.
- She is more and more Mama's girl and for at least a week refused to let Brent put her to sleep at night. A bit of a double-edged sword as you can imagine.
- She loves Brendan and giggles at him alot. He, meanwhile, thinks he is also her parent and likes to tell her not to kick people or not to vomit,etc. He is adorable. He also comforts her so sweetly. I love them together!
- She had her first, of I'm sure many, visits to the OU for our family pictures.
- She met her new tiny friend Ashtyn. (Isn't the size difference in the picture mind-boggling. They grow so fast!)
- She got a bit of a bald patch on the back of her head, but retains a thick head of hair that continues to grow longer. It is an interesting mix of colors and very soft.
- She started day care and seems to have transitioned easily and gets along well with her care provider. However, I think we may be moving her to a closer provider as the commute is driving me crazy.
- She spent much of the month chewing on her giraffe and starting the teething process. Luckily, she has also made a lot of progress on sucking on her thumb and fingers and is able to self-soothe a bit. We seem to have nearly abandoned the paci altogether. I don't think I've used one successfully in the last week.
- She celebrated her first Thanksgiving several times over. She also got to meet some family members for the first time such as the Colorado Dotters, Brent's Aunt and Uncle and more.
- She likes to dance with people and seems to enjoy her musical toys. She can start the music on her swing now herself and does so frequently.
- She seems to hate her carseat less and is "usually" ok so long as it isn't dark outside. After dark, all bets are off.
- She wears hats alot now and has a growing collection. Luckily, they don't seem to bother her.
- She primarily wears 6-9 month clothes now. Her little 0-12 month socks are virtually too small which is sad. She continues to prefer crocheted blankets. She also has developed some fondness for sleeping in just her diaper. She doesn't do it every day, but it seems to work for her on days where she is upset when we're trying to put her to sleep.
She is our sweet happy little Magpie and I can't wait to see what happens next!