Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm whiny today because I feel sick, have had to work a lot of late, and my kids are varying degrees of sick too. I will, for your sake, try to contain my petulance to this one item.

2. Camp Scrap is going well and I think I'll meet my goal of averaging a layout a day for the camp.  This is particularly impressive as I was gone for five days. (Considering my current mood, and the fact I just stopped working for the evening the prospects for scrapping tonight are not good.) Here is a sample of this week's work with pictures of one of my adorable nephews.

3. Brent has been playing some sort of game online with a couple of our friends. It is so interesting to me to watch/listen as they play and I scrap.  Often I just get random, out of context, bits when Brent is talking to someone, but they appear to be having a great time.

4.  B discovered the old video card for Brent's computer sitting around and decided he needed to learn how to play video (read computer) games like Daddy.  He does pbskids games fairly often, but I guess want a game more like Daddy.  So he has been creating creatures, buildings, etc... in Spore with some help from us this week.  It isn't much different than what he was doing before, but don't tell him.

5.  M is having a big Mama's girl moment this week.  While I was cooking dinner today and Brent was watching them she would stand looking back over the couch towards me pitifully saying Mama over and over.  Yes, I did relent and go snuggle for awhile.  She is just perfect lap snuggling size these days.

6. My sister seems to really have taken to blogging and is such a good writer. I encourage you to check her blog out and invite all of you that have not taken the blogging plunge to join us. It is lots of fun. (You can even be lazy like me and not post more than a time or two a week, no worries).

7. Starting to think more seriously about M's birthday party, but not making much progress on concrete ideas. I think we all know that between my return from STL on Aug 2 and the parties that weekend I'll pull something together.

8. I really want to make this Cherry Tart soon.  Doesn't that look delicious and easy?

9. Brent is growing out his beard. This is the longest I've seen it and it is starting to change the way he looks. I think I like it so far, but we shall see if it continues. I think it is largely a 'school's out' look for him, but if it grows in nicely he may keep it.

10. I think we're going to the farm this weekend for a bit for the first time in quite awhile. I may even get to see my crazy Aunt Ann.  Here's hoping we all feel better before then.

Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...