Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This is week two in our Thankful Thursday installments:

I am thankful for: My Amazing Husband

Trip weeks always remind me what an amazing husband I have.  Me being gone all week requires a lot of logistics, coordination and work on his part.  This week it means missing his own job to watch our kids most afternoons because our babysitter is unavailable.  It also means feeding, cleaning, playing and disciplining our kids on his own with some gracious help from his parents today.  He does this without complaint even though these logistics and keeping all of the complicated scheduling, timing and who needs what involved in his head is not his strong suit and being a lone parent is hard and challenging.
On Monday, as it was time to leave, I was behind.  Things at work needed my attention, but I needed to get to the airport.  The morning had been chaos.  I was under a lot of pressure from all directions and just frustrated with my situation.  In less than the 30 minutes it took us to have lunch Brent had pulled me gently back to calm, relaxed and almost confident that it would all, in fact, be OK.  He is great at reminding me of my own abilities, the good parts of the day/situation and always exudes confidence in me. 

For the last month he has held me as I cried, given me space when I need it and let me do whatever it takes to pull myself back together even while I watch him mourn too. 

He is an amazing father.  I adore watching him with our kids and seeing how much they adore him.  His arrival home at the end of the day is definitely the high point for all of us. 

I love that we are equals and partners in all things.  I'm discovering that not everyone's marriages work like this.  I love that he loves me for me exactly who I am.  I am so thankful that we are a team and both all in.  We parent together, work together, play together and prefer being together to most anything.  I feel so blessed and so loved.  Thank you Brent for continuing to help make my dreams a reality.  I love you and am so thankful to share my life with you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...