Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This is week four in our Thankful Thursday installments:


I am thankful for: Technology
 
 It has been a week of marvels.  The incredible skill of Zane's surgeon, the incredible prayer surrounding baby Zane and our family, and more.  As I sat with baby Z post-op not noticing all the technology in the room was nearly impossible.  The amazing technology that helps the surgeon apply his refined skills.  The social media that allowed my brother and I to send out updates minute by minute via Twitter, Facebook and my blog.  My sister and Mom blogged re-caps each day.  The news from us and support from you all flowed quickly and each of us, I think, felt better for it.   It was amazingly different than the situation for the family when they started doing this surgery 50+ years ago.  I can only imagine how the technology is helping the Doctors.  In this surgery Zane was part of a test group for yet another possible improvement in the drugs/procedures.  I am so thankful for all these changes, improvements and benefits to our family and others.

Technology is huge in my every day life too.  It allows me to continue work in DC from OK.  It facilitates my teaching from half the continent away.  It is helping us teach B how to read, problem solve and learn about the wider world.  We can download any music we want anytime and almost anywhere.  The iPad makes my trips so much more fun and even helps me craft.  The internet brings so many new ideas and opportunities including some of those mentioned here. 

As usual, I try to be balanced in these things. I know there are downsides.  For instance, perhaps B could use more time outside and a bit less Wii at age three.  We continue to work on it.  We continue to strive for balance, but, for today, I am so thankful for technology and all its gifts.

Thanks to all of you as well for your continuing prayers, kindness and support.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

where would we be without technology nowadays. Brilliant inventions x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...