Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1: Saved By A Bell

Saved By A Bell


Our first morning of Advent got off to a rough start. B discovered the Advent calendar by himself and immediately ate his candy without telling us. Immediately after breakfast when I wanted to check it together it was too late. In good news, he had left M’s treat and you can see her enjoying it here. (She did check back several more times in the day to see if there was more chocolate). The discovery of this misadventure ended with Brendan in tears and me nearly so as I so had wanted this to be special and explored together.


Suddenly, M wandered up with a single blue jingle bell that had been sitting around since the wreath-making party. She needed help from me to make it ring well and then headed over to her crying brother to show him. He calmed down and so did I. We sang Jingle Bells for the first time this season and started our day with smiles all thanks to a simple bell and a sweet little girl. By the afternoon, B was the helper as we all worked together on homemade granola bars. M even said helper for the first time! Love it!


Crafters' Notes:  Below are the pre-made pages for days 1-4 where this journaling and the photos will go.  The first photo will be printed as a 5x7 and adhered to the back of the title page (not pictured), probably matted on pretty paper.  This will precede the first transparency.  As I'm not printing photos until the end of the week the final image will be available later.  The journaling will be printed directly onto the  cream cardstock that was pre-printed with the Ali Edwards Overlay.  


The final photo of B helping will be printed to wallet size and added to that page as well.  I "might" add one of M participating as well if there is space.  That will complete day one.  Each day will follow a similar pattern, but I wanted to set out my plan here for those interested. 


Reverb 10
Also, I think I'm going to participate in "Reverb 10"  = Reflect On The Year and Manifest What's Next.  There is a daily prompt each day encouraging participants to reflect on the prior year and think about the coming one.  I'm less sure that I'm ready for this, but am going to try to at least begin with it and see how it goes.  


December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


I'm am choosing "Unexpected" - This was supposed to be a calm year with no new babies in our house, new jobs, etc... I feel like the unexpected kept happening from Zane's heart problems, to my Dad's death, to our ongoing illnesses.  I could never have predicted the year we've had. I was tempted to chose sad or traumatic, or something like this, but I just couldn't pick that negative of a word with so many unexpected delights as well, like getting to know Maggie, her first steps, B's first adventures in words, etc... so Unexpected it is.


2011 Word - Blessed- I'm not sure this will be "My" word for next year, but I am consciously intending to be aware of my life, those around me and all my blessings and appreciate how truly blessed I am despite or occasionally because of the "Unexpected".  
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your #reverb10 words! I decided mine were HOVERING for 2010 and RELEASE for 2011. It may take a few days to get the blog posts going for me, but I'm going to tweet reverb10!

Amber said...

Oh dang, I just finished my daily blogging thing and now I want to do this Reverb deal. Also, I thought about doing the December Daily as I want to get back into scrapbooking and I'll be in Oklahoma and have access to magical places like Michaels. I'm kinda not getting it though. I even checked out the link on your page and it's still not clicking. Are the pretty patterned pages used as just sort of covers or do you put pictures on them as well? Do you have to print out the numbered pages? I don't have a printer. I don't know why this is so confusing for me, but would love direction if you have the time:)

hchybinski said...

Love your album! This is my first year so I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing. =)

Hillary

PEG said...

Your photos are so wonderful ! I wait for the next day !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...