Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5: O Christmas Tree


Today, for the first Christmas in my life, there was no scavenging for a Christmas tree. No trying to figure out how to get it home, no browsing stores, pastures, the internet or tree lots. It was just there, in the attic waiting. Weird (but a tiny bit wonderful). I am still not sure about the whole fake tree thing, but loved skipping the hassle and the lengthy light stringing process. B helped bring things down from the attic as usually and M, though tired, so wanted to help too. Everyone helped put ornaments on the tree. I loved unwrapping them to find surprises I'd forgotten about. There are many little things tied up with memories already. I loved having their help.

I, as you'd expect, had a much longer attention span for decorating the tree than the kids. They wandered off and I continued on. I pondered, adjusted, filled in here and there and marveled that our tree actually looks mildly cohesive for something we've just developed at random over a few years. As usual, the final step in tree decorating is watching Brent lift B up to put the star on top. Too sweet.

We left our Christmas decorating at that for today and decided all small people needed nap. I love wandering past the soft glow and shimmery ornaments. I am certain our kids and house will be covered in glitter for the next month or so and do not mind at all. M has already started exploring things on the lower branches. We are watching and guiding her gently in her explorations, but have not made it completely out of bounds as we want her to enjoy it in her own way. I love our Christmas tree and am glad our house is starting to transition to the Christmas season.


Crafters' Note: The first collage will go on the patterned paper. The next two will be adhered back to either side of a new page of double-sided patterned paper that I will add to the base book. (No worries, I'll show you pictures soon). I hope you had a wonderful weekend!



Crafter's note: Here are the base pages for days 5-8. I will update with the final pages once pics and paper have been added.  I print weekly so around Friday I'll have some finished pieces.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What wonderful memories you are making for your children! You are such a good mother.

Misty said...

These pictures are great. What a wonderful blog!

Barb said...

What a great design for your DD album! And your photos really capture the feel of the season. :)

And I love that you're doing the reverb challenge too. I wish I had time to do all the fun stuff I'd like to do, but it no longer feels fun when I start to fall behind and struggle to keep up, so I tried to limit the projects I took on this Christmas. As it is, my DD is taking up more time than I have to spare. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...