Monday, December 20, 2010

December Daily: Crafting Updates

While you are seeing daily uploads with the Journaling + Photos you have not, thus far, gotten to see the final product.  I had the idea that assembly would just be adhering the photos to the base pages I'd made and printing off the journaling.  Being me, of course, there is a bit more embellishing and adding going on along the way.  I find that the 5x7 collages need to be matted or rimmed in someway to have a finished look and I am sometimes adding extra pages to fit in photos or items I want.  Below is a slideshow of the seven days worth of pages that are completely finished thus far and I have some ideas of going back and adding images with the posts they belong to, but may not have the time.  The other days are not quite complete as I'm waiting patiently for the mailman to deliver me the photos after discovering that printing 5x7s locally was a tremendous hassle.

I draw your particular attention to the first image in the show which is the first look at the cover.  It is made from a Teresa Collins chipboard bracket that was glimmer misted with Clover, covered with red glitter glue (with help from B) then coated in Modge Podge before the title was added complete with brads and some fun corrugated cardboard letters that were painted with Smooch paint.  Just wanted to give you a sense of the layers that go in to what seems like a very basic cover.  I hope you enjoy and thanks to everyone that keeps following along.  I so appreciate all your comments and feedback.  I so enjoy this project and am excited to see the final product.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

It's so beautiful!! Can't wait to see it finished in person =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...