Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ok, just remembered that it is Tuesday....

1.  Big News! I found out today that I'm being promoted to Associate General Counsel!  Very cool and it really helped after a very long tough couple of work weeks.  It was good to have some time to discuss with my boss and feeling much calmer about my situation and honored to be promoted particularly given my years of experience and part-time status.  It can be done!

2. At the almost last minute, I have elected to make some crafty gifts because I am insane.  Here's hoping the recipients like them and that they are actually completed.

3.  "Nearly" done wrapping presents, but Santa has a big construction project ahead.  I think it is going to be a late night on Thursday or Friday.

4.  So far, in related news, M has not unwrapped any presents and has largely been good about keeping out of them.  B seems to have learned the connection between the pile under the tree and the pile in the hall and was quite confused today when there were many more under the tree, but the hall pile was unchanged.  Curious.

5.  B is actually eating these days in large quantities.  After months of small meals he is diving right in and tells me he is always hungry.  Today, he at the entire portion of Mac 'N Cheese at the restaurant which has absolutely never happened as well as two corn dogs and two full bowls of applesauce at lunch-- also unprecedented.  (Yes, his nutritional choices could be better-- we'll work on that next).

6.  B's bed broke (again).  Thankfully, Uncle Able is much more on top of fixing these things than we are as he had repaired it within hours of discovering it.   My guess is it would have been weeks before we got to it.  Hooray for Uncle Able! (Ps. randomly thinking of buying bunk beds one of these days as this bed is clearly not going to last forever).

7.  Do not have a clue what I'm making for our various Christmas celebrations.  So far, one idea and need about three more so suggestions are definitely welcome.  My assignments tend toward desserts and side dishes, if that helps.

8.  My Mom is a little sick, but hopefully will be better before Audra arrives.  Some prayers in that direction would be helpful.

9.  Came to the stunning realization that I'm supposed to be teaching my class at Drexel again in less than two weeks.  Perhaps I should think about that a little bit...

10.  B went to the Dentist today.  It went much better this time.  He had no cavities and let her count his teeth and examine everything without even having Daddy in the chair with him.  He also got a very cool new "firefly" toothbrush and seemed to be quite happy about his experience.  Of course we got our usual thumb sucking is goofing up his teeth discussion and again agreed to work on it.  I adore that Brent takes him to this appointment rather than me.  I just so dislike teeth and the sense that I'm "in trouble" whenever I go, but am mostly just paranoid.

Amazing.  Ten Things and roughly only ten minutes!  Off to do the December Daily entry before heading to bed.  Hope you all are having a lovely week and almost to your well-deserved vacations!

3 comments:

andrea said...

Congratulations, Associate GC! A well-deserved move for a wonderful role model.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the promotion! I hope your mom feels better soon.

Jamie said...

Yeah for you! Love that the PT and telecommuting is embraced and recognized!

And yeah for the dentist! Still have not made our first tip, and I am sort of dreading it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...