Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb10: Action

December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)


I am actually fairly happy with how things are going with most of my aspirations right now.  One of my aspirations that needs work is returning to being more thrifty.  We tend to go in cycles here and, at the moment, feel like there is a huge outflow of cash.  It is, technically, OK as we do have a Christmas fund that should cover all this, but suddenly makes me question things like the occasional Starbucks or how much we've eaten out this month.  Time to think more carefully about spending again in January.  We will go back to tracking and characterizing purchases using Mint.com and re-evaluate our savings allocations for the coming year.  I don't yet know how much of a raise I'll be getting, but we'll need to think about increasing the savings percentage for my retirement fund assuming I get one as we haven't increased it since I moved to part-time.  Just seems like time for some tidying up and watching carefully at the end of this brief season of spending.


My other area to keep focus on is making sure that I fit some crafting/scrapbooking into each week or maybe even each day.  It does great things for my mental health.  For awhile this summer, I was doing  a Layout a Day and really enjoying the routine that that created.  I plan to incorporate that into a month of 2011 as well.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...