Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  This is probably not a newsflash, but I take things to personally, particularly criticism even when it is constructive.

2.  My first batch of December Daily prints arrived today and I really like the 5x7 collages.  I will add them to the album shortly and upload some completed pages in the next day or two.

3.  Amazon pile 'o boxes is growing.  Find myself vaguely wondering where people shopped before amazon.  We did get gifts from a few other stores, but amazon is so easy, well priced and with free two-day shipping a great solution for us.

4. Look at these cute sticker printables to transform your produce from normal to direct from Santa!

5. What about fun home decor crafts for Christmas?  This homemade take on a Pottery Barn classic looks so doable and fun.

6.  Easier still is this site that helps you make a personal video message from Santa for your kid.  It is pretty cool, save that it cannot pronounce Brendan close to correctly....

7. In more serious news, some friends' of ours baby is in the hospital tonight while a different little baby is having some testing to make sure all is well.  Prayers appreciated.

8. Missing my dad alot this week.  Crazily, spent most of our grocery trip this weekend on the verge of tears over random foods he liked or things I knew he wanted to try.  This was tipped off by seeing lamb in the butcher case which I had been looking for to make for him, but never did.  We progressed to random things like smoked oysters and cheez-its which he loved.  Lesson: Grief is everywhere -- everywhere there is a memory.  It has to be experience, accepted and incorporated as we move to the next phase -- or so I hear.

9. I have not gotten my holiday cards in the mail.  I think I won't write a letter with them this year.  I don't know what to say and I think that is OK for this year.  Must buy stamps and convince Brent to print out the address labels...

10.  I find myself on the edge of weepy about many things of late.  I'm not sure why, but suspect it is just where I am on my path now.  I continue to pull myself up and seek happiness.  Today, I got to go to Zumba for the third time since my injury and that definitely helps.  Here's to happiness and focusing on the joy when we can.

1 comment:

Audra said...

My niece and nephews all got messages from Santa from that site and loved it! Also, lets make those letters for our arts and crafts project while I'm home. It looks really easy and super cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...