Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb10: Healing

December 19: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?


I think I will focus on my physical healing.  I am now nearly recovered from my bout with costochondritis.  I think this particular illness perhaps a small lesson (God moment) for me.  You see, the only way to heal from this particular ailment is to hold as still as you can.  You can't completely hold the injury still as you must breathe and breathing irritates the site a tiny bit, but otherwise, you have to slow down.  I am not at all good at slowing down.  In fact, it is almost the thing I am the worst at as I am all about multi-tasking, doing as much as I can, ongoing motion and experiences.  While dealing with this, not only could I not move or exercise, but I couldn't really even carry M around as she is too heavy and it greatly aggravated my pain when I would do so.  It was incredibly frustrating, but did push me to stop, wait, listen, go slow, hold still.... Healing was very gradual.  It took longer than it typically does and I even likely re-injured myself in the first week.  I am nearly well now with only niggling twinges here and there when I've carried her too much or over done my day-- little reminders to think about what I'm doing and slow down a bit.  Here's hoping the lesson sticks with me beyond the period of healing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...