Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 19: Christmas Tea!

Most years, since I was very little, my mom has hosted the "Christmas Tea" it is traditionally on the 28th (Feast of the Holy Innocents). This year, I felt very strongly that it HAD to happen, but scheduling struggles meant it was early, small and missing Audra & the Hladiks (some of the key elements). That said on just two days notice my Mom, Sarah, Tracie and I had our tea complete with many of the key traditions: Craft project, Christmas Carols, Ornament exchange, Meringue Mushrooms, Pigs in a Blanket, Chex Mix, Cheeseball and Chocolate!

This was Brent and B's first Christmas Tea and M's second. The kids joined right in with many of these traditions and I loved watching M entertaining the crowd in her adorable Christmas dress. I think the frames turned out pretty well. B helped Sarah with hers, which definitely upped the entertainment factor. He also made some art for Grandma while we were playing. I got THE perfect ornament for this year in the exchange - a Gingerbread House! Tracie is the ornament queen and I was lucky enough to pick hers. B participated in the exchange as well and got an awesome Snowglobe Snowman ornament so we were doubly lucky!

It was a lovely quiet afternoon while B and Grandma played, Brent & M enjoyed the iPad, Tracie knitted and we all chatted easily while enjoying our snacks. As we prepared to head home, there was an impromptu leaf fight/game of chase between my kids and their "Fraunts" (Tracie and Sarah's long ago coined name for themselves - Friend + Aunt = Fraunt). I loved it. M and one of her lady Godmothers, Tracie, even consented to some cute pictures (despite Tracie not liking appearing on the blog much).  Thank you so much ladies, especially Mom, for keeping this wonderful tradition alive year after year!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...