Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb10: Lesson Learned

December 17 – Lesson Learned.  What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)


I think I continue to learn how much I can handle at once and still be "OK".  The last six months have been full to brimming with hardship.  Yes, I've cried almost everyday this week, but I am OK.  I am living, loving, building, growing, experiencing new things.  Life does not stop even when crisis, sadness, and change are the dominant themes.  I know that I can and will persevere.  I have learned to more consciously seek joy and gratitude when circumstances are trying to rip them from me.  I continue to learn to try and appreciate and live in the moment. I struggle with this as I tend to be doing too many things at once, but learning how much I can handle, balance and be happy is my ongoing life work.  I love doing so many things and it has helped me handle years like this when so many things came all at once.  I want to continue to improve this, but try not too push myself to the tipping point too often.  It seems to be all about finding that line, knowing what things bring you joy and making sure they are part of the path.  Balance, challenge, gratitude and joy--- all buzzwords for a path I try to take.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...