Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb10: Wisdom

December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)


This seems like a terribly loaded prompt as how can one thing I've done be so momentous as to be the wisest? Here is "a" wise thing I learned this year.  Sometime in the summer, I noticed that B had started using a "mean" voice.  I kept wondering where he learned it when suddenly, I realized it was quite similar to the voice I use when I'm very frustrated with him or he is in deep trouble and maybe that voice was creeping out of me a bit too often too.  I consciously started to take five seconds, calm down, and use my nice, calm voice while still saying the same discipline oriented things.  The discipline has gone better and the mean voice is a much less frequent visitor for either of us.  Tiny lesson learned and wise move on both our parts.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So i am just now catching up on all posts. First let me say that I hope your emotional days of tears are over? Or getting easier? Here is a hug!

Second....this is SUCH wisdom and I thank you for sharing. I am super guilty of the same thing, and because of this post, I am going to TTY the same thing,

LOVE!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...