Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb10:11 Things

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)


Hmmm OK


1.  Winnowing out toys that we no longer need/want/play with and donating them as have a lot of "stuff" just now.


2.  The mess that is the office.  MUST come up with a better, more maintainable plan for keeping the office clean -- probably more storage + being more consistent about tidying all areas as mess in here seems to multiply.


3.  Huge t-shirts that are comfy, but don't make me look or feel pretty -- I very much need to winnow my t-shirt collection as my bins runneth over, but contain very few things that I like wearing or make me feel good when I'm wearing them.


4.  Weight-- more to lose.  I made good progress in 2010 (I lost 25 pounds before my Dad died).  I suspect I've gained some of that back. Gradually increasing exercise as I heal and, sigh, returning to weight watchers.


5.  Stress-- I need less of this, but probably would need fewer things on my plate to achieve it and like the things on my plate.  Will ponder.


6.  Redundant armoire in our office-- we brought it from DC and disliked it then.  MUST GO.


7.  Plastic/Paper bags -- these seem to reproduce at our house and never get used as we have the re-usable ones.  Need to just dump them all.


8.  Things on top of the fridge-- This is usually our "stuff to return to people" pile.  Need to do that and clear it out.


9.  Costocondritis -- not sure that I can control this, but very much hope it does not appear in my life in 2011 and will try to be more careful about activities that they theorize have caused it.


10.  Not getting enough sleep.  We stay up too late crafting, blogging, reading or palying things online, etc... This results in some very tired parents and seems like an easy fix as our kids sleep very well. we just need to go to sleep sooner and with that, I'm calling it a day.  The Day 12 prompt will have to wait as I'm going to try to actually go to bed at a reasonable time rather than ponder "Body Integration."


I feel like the Reverb topics are generally a stretch for me and am occasionally tempted to stop as I don't enjoy them as much as December Daily.  That said, I think that perhaps the point is to "stretch" mentally, as a writer, etc and get outside the things we always thing or write about so, for now, I'll likely continue.


Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

I agree. The prompts are good for stretching but some, like this next one, I may just take a pass on. Candy Cane hunt reminded me of our old scavenger hunts. Fun, Fun, Fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...