Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 14: Book Time

Today's Advent Calendar ticket prompted the kids to look around for a hidden Christmas book surprise. Tucked away on B's bookshelf they found a wrapped package that contained Gingerbread Baby (the book that precedes the Gingerbread Friends we've been reading--- not exactly Christmas, but related). We immediately sat down to enjoy the story and Jan Brett's lovely illustrations. Book time part II was this evening while we browsed Barnes and Noble looking for new favorites, like 12 days of Robot Christmas and old friends among their book collection. M made more friends at the train table and we headed home in time for our bedtime stories. Daddy got to read Gingerbread Baby this time and we re-visited Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, again.

Favorite Christmas books (In addition to those above): Bob: And 6 More Christmas Stories, Twas the Night before Christmas, Silent Night, The Jolly Christmas Postman, Sweet Smells of Christmas, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas,and  Christmas at the Zoo.



Small Rant about B&N -- will not be in my book, but needing to vent a little.
Ps.  I had an unpleasant experience at Barnes & Noble today as the clerk noticed I was taking pictures of my kids and the store around them and told me that pictures of the displays and fixtures (how you can tell lawyers are involved as regular people do not call displays fixtures) are against corporate policy--- something about copyright issues (which is bunk).  I get that they are a private business and can make their own rules for their property, but this seems to lack a base in a real business concern and makes me feel particularly unwelcome.  I guess Amazon will be getting even more of my business (and yes those are affiliate amazon links above).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B & N reminds me of an incident at HuHot - a restaurant in Iowa. It was my son's birthday and I was taking photos of him (maybe 3 at the most) when the manager came over to our table and told me we weren't allowed to take pictures! What? It was a birthday party!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...