Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Guess what? This little Ten on Tuesday idea seems to be sticking around.  I started this tentatively on January 12, 2010 and made it almost every week of the year with one or two exceptions...like say the day my Dad died.  (Tears).  Better still several of my friends and family have adopted it which I'm loving.  I can't recall the blog where I found the idea initially, but thank you whomever you are.

2.  I am so sad that B was varying levels of sick for my sisters' entire visit.  He had, we guess, some sort of intestinal bug.  He has been improving rapidly since Monday morning so hopefully he is on the mend.  However, he had to shots today at his well-child visit and is now gimping around on sore legs.  Sad.

3.  The "stats" for the four year old are:

  • Height: 44 inches - 99%
  • Weight: 44.8lbs - 95%
   It seems a little odd to still have stats, but there they are.  They also checked his eyes, ears, blood pressures, oxygenation, and all the standard things they usually do.  My Dr. has this weird habit of having a "thing" about each year.  For three, it was being careful about fire (and visiting a fire station which we still haven't done).  This time it was that they complain about being in pain randomly when it isn't really pain so much as just being touched or whatever.  Odd conversation, but B, of course, immediately commenced upon this path.

4.  I LOVED having Audra & Co here.  Sometimes I wish I could have just sat more as usually I was cooking or child tending like a crazy person.  I knew the dynamic was set to change with the arrival of our kids.  Somehow, the absence of my Dad also seems more marked when we're all together.  Another crying round with Brent this week.  On we go.  I do wonder when I'll get to see the Korenaks again.  It is so hard to travel with littles I know it will be awhile.

5.  Big weekend doings-- so last weekend we had B's family birthday party and attended Molly's 1st birthday party followed by a trip to the farm.  I took more than 400 pictures.  Sadly, I have yet to work up the Moxie to sort/edit/select good ones so none are featured here this week.  We did get our weekly family picture in and it will appear eventually.

6.  New feature to the blog: I'm adopting the idea of Six People Twelve Times.  I am not sure that is the blog where it started, but Karenika is doing something similar here too.  My general plan is a brief line or two about what each of us is doing each month.  I'll likely pair it with the family pictures from that month and come up with a scrapbook page template to use each time so it is simple.  So, coming soon, Four People Twelve Times!

7.  I have so many little posts I want to write and so little time.  Not an excuse right? (I am hosting a baby shower and another birthday party for B/Brent this weekend, so maybe after that?).  I should really just do it. Somehow when the board meetings are close and I have Drexel class going on too it just seems even more time pressed around here.

8.  I ordered some seeds from my garden from the Seed Saver's Exchange.  I am trying to make a bit more of a conscious plan about both the plants and their arrangement this year.  Maybe I can get my mom to draw one of her garden diagrams for me.  One thing is for sure, there will be a tomato plant again, but it is not going to be in the very center of the garden taking over everything.  So far, I've ordered: Carrots (Davers & Nantes), spinach, lettuce mix, yellow squash, chard, plum radishes, zinnias, and bachelor buttons.  I definitely plan to also include lots of onions, a cucumber, a tomato, possibly strawberries again, and my existing herb area which will likely gain another friend or two.  I'm trying to better match the plantings to what we eat and not just what my parents always grow, but we shall see.

9.  Sometimes, I wonder that my kids are so incredibly different.  M, for instance, is miss hugs, kisses and pats.  She actually hugged Zane so many times that he wanted her to stop.  B, however, is much more recalcitrant.  He rarely volunteers hugs.  It made Sarah's month when he gave her one voluntarily (although inspired by his sister handing out hugs at the time).  Granted, there might be parallels between my husband and I..... Hmmmm

10.  I came to the astonishing realization that my husband's birthday is now less than a week away.... really, truly need to work on that.  It tends to sneak up on me as it is so close to B's.  Brent is doing fine, by the way.  He is a bit burnt out and has a lot of out of class type duties these days, but he is hanging in there.

Busy, busy week and next time there will be pictures!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...