Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I saw this post yesterday on Motherhood Uncensored and like its calm, reasoned and helpful approach to breastfeeding.  I mostly fall into the failed attempt=mommy guilt group.  C'est ma vie.

2.  Did you know  Alice In Wonderland (Two-Disc 60th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo) is out? I bought that and pre-ordered Bambi and got $10 off.  Yeah for kids movies! (Ps. love that Amazon has the preorder pledge to reduce your price if its price goes down prior to shipping---hint it almost always does).

3.  I recently helped donate to this project  (Give a Cow) which aims to get some fresh "happy" beef to some of the hungry folks around Oklahoma.  It might be charity some of you are interested in as well so I thought I'd share.  There are similar national and international projects out there, but doing something more local felt right just now.

4.  I am a sucker for alphabet art, particularly in baby rooms so I naturally fell for this cute patchwork art project--- so simple and yet so beautiful. Now, where would I put one.....

5.  I also want to make this, but find myself a bit intimidated by finding clever things and the tracing the shape part.  Perhaps I'm just entering a home decor phase? (Doubtful)  P.s. --Yes, I am a big fan of Design Mom, as you can tell.

6.  M has randomly decided to start using the potty periodically.  No clue why and we're not pushing it in the least, but suppose it is great that she is using it a couple times a day.  I have absolutely NO expectation that potty training is on the horizon, but a nice development in any case.

7.  M talks/vocalizes Non-Stop--- I may go insane.  It is amazing how hard it is to think with chatter that never ceases.  Brent and I were attempting to talk over dinner and figure what's up with our Dr. bills but seriously unable to think with all the babble.  I suspect I was just like this, but oh my my.  (Yes, I do intend to do her 18 month post one of these days...Sigh).

8.  White and Dark Hearted Brownies--- from Smitten Kitchen - If I'd had my act even marginally more together I would have made these for Valentine's day and may still. I have a bunch of heart cookie cutters now (left over from making favors for Jamie's shower that I still need to tell you about, ahem..) In any case, had to share as they look both doable and spectacular.

9.Brent had to go in for dorm night on Valentine's.  This stinks.  True we already had our date night and really would have done nothing but sit at our computers, but still somehow very annoying (or maybe was all the Drexel class stuff or the non-stop noise and this was just one more thing?) Color me frustrated, whatever the reason.

10.  We're going to Dallas this weekend!  We are headed to John's third-birthday party and so excited.  Here's to grand family adventures!

Family photo: Week of February 6th
(Yes, I know you are all amazed-- an early Tuesday post!  You are also right that I might have been procrastinating from grading projects.....)

2 comments:

r said...

I was just thinking about how early it was! :) And I'm glad you posted about that breastfeeding article. I read it when you posted it on Twitter, but I had much more than 140 characters to say about it! I knew that I did the right thing in stopping breastfeeding Timothy, but everywhere I turned I saw things about how my kid will have lower IQ, more sickness, blah blah blah. That was so painful, and so untrue! Nathaniel got sicker while he was exclusively breastfed than Timothy ever has, and since it's impossible to have a true experiment on whether IQ would be different, I think the studies that say that are suspect. Whew, can you tell I am passionate about this? I am glad that you and I each did what was right for each of our children. They need their mommy, not some cranky lady trying to be something she cannot be. :)

Tracie said...

Yeah for M!!! Look at her working on potting at 18 months. You go girls!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...