Friday, September 9, 2011

Five on Friday

1. Ok, Ali Edwards (and Chrissie) clued me in to this awesome Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar which "might" be making an appearance at our house this Christmas.  Just perfectly awesome for us!

2.  One thing I need, but am very very slow to take up on is learning my camera  a bit more. Here is what I do, I read a blog post or two or sign up for a free class and then get pretty much as far as ISO and wander off.  Not promising this won't happen again, but I'm currently enjoying "Camera School" which is delightfully free and so far in very manageable little chunks written very clearly.  Maybe my fellow DSLR friends will like it too!

3.  I want to point you to this blog post by Stephanie Howell entitled "As We Speak."  While the post is lovely in itself, what I like more is the style of memory keeping - basically one photo per family member with five bullets about that person right now.  Quick, easy and a good way to capture your family as it is right now --- all of you.

4. I found these Salted Carmel Popcorn Pretzel Bars on Pinterest and set off to make them within hours.  I, as usual, struggled with cooking the caramel the right amount of time and they aren't quite bar style, but tasty nonetheless.

5.  Sadly, my preferred Mocha Coconut Frappucino from Starbucks is discontinued (why do I keep falling for seasonal drinks?) Admittedly, this is a wildly first world problem and I should probably suck it up, but lucky for me, I found this homemade version which is just almost as good and oh so easy (and cheap!) to make at home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...