Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sometimes, Simplicity Works



Sometimes my pages are full of "stuff." For example, the one I shared yesterday  (and also love) was full of strips of this and that different papers, stickers, brads, tags, pictures and text galore. I'll freely admit that I like pages like that quite a bit.

However,  I like this one just as much and it is much different look with much less "stuff."  It is just a little page welcoming Zane as I haven't scrapbooked many of his early pictures.  The stamped title reads "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Do You Know How Loved You Are?"  Otherwise, just a bit of stamping, some splattered Mister Huey Mist and a few of those strips I enjoy and we're all set.  The adorable baby of course makes the page.  Loving him and loving simplicity today. 

Fun Fact: Those stars across the top are actually stamped by painting Mister Huey Mist in Custard and Estate Green onto the stamp.  I didn't have stamp pads in the colors I wanted so I improvised.  I think I like this better as the slightly less crisp images vary more each time and give a softer, more water color look.  I did used my Distressed Ink Pad in Tumbled Glass for the words though as I quickly discovered that painting the words did not work quite so well.  I love learning new things!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...