Saturday, November 19, 2011

December Daily: Foundation 2.0

I thought a bit more about what makes the completion phase of December Daily take a long time and realized it is the embellishing/decorating pages part.  I love this part, but it does take a bit to get it just "right."  I thought now while I have some momentum I might add a layer or two to some of the base pages to get that decoration phase started as well. Here are samples of what I did.  The additions are small, but pretty and help build a good foundation to work with later.



This first grouping includes adding word tags, a doily, ribbon + Elle's Studio Tag and wrapping the last page in twine.  Simple, fast, and much more visually interesting pages than before.  The doily there will likely be a home for a number later on to show the date of that page.


I added some plain vanilla cardstock base pages too.  The one on the left is misted with Studio Calico Estate Green. I will likely splatter some Plum Thumb on a page or two as well.  Doing some painting/misting now saves on drying time later.  The page at right has a border made from the Amy Tangerine Washi tape and a small Elle's Studio Christmas Pennant to be a home for the date later. 

 The rest of the doily and another pennant by My Minds Eye are here.  The page at the bottom left was inspired by Shimelle's Pocket Page Challenge.  I made a pocket out of one of the Jingle Index Cards and added a journaling card from Echo Park.  The 7 Gypsies Tape at the top will hold the date later on. I went a bit further and added a little embellishment cluster at the bottom with an Ormolu tag left over from last year.  This page will be very fast to complete with just a picture and some writing for the pocket.

The next sample was also inspired by a Shimelle challenge this week to weave some paper strips together for a Christmas project.  I love the look, but was less certain when I was finished how to use it in practice.  We shall see...

I may tinker a bit more while I have some momentum, but this is a sense of the prep I will have done to start December.  So far, I think it is working well and am excited to see what it becomes. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...