Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 18: Ice Skating!

Each year I've said we'd try it, but in reality, I last went ice skating in roughly 2006.  (For those keeping track at home, that was pre-kid).

Today's adventure was awesome, hillarious, and wonderful.  I think the pictures tell the story fairly well.
My favorite picture of Brent, B, and the scene.  This will be 6x8 on the right page




  The collages will be cut into wallet size photos and put in photo sleeves in between the two main pages.
PP - October Afternoon, Tags - Elle's Studio & Lily Bee Design, Stickers by Jillibean

The left page looks like this - I am tempted to replace those stars with snowflakes, but for now this is what it is.  (Yes, I did buy this paper in November in the bare hope that maybe we'd go ice skating for real this year.  Thanks to Brent for making it happen!)

The journaling captures some of my favorite moments, such as M walking faster in her skates on land than Brent did, B falling 3x times and getting back up soaking wet ready to go again, Brent smiling while skating alone and with each child, holding tightly to M's hands as she made her very first full circle of the rink, etc..  All wonderful happy memories.  So glad we made them!

2 comments:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

That does sound delightfully hysterical. Glad you sat this one out my dear.

Audra said...

Oh right your preggers, I was trying to figure out why you hadn't laced up the old skates. Good call on your part. I love Maggie's little skates, too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...